Visual C++ called from RSView

Krilun

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it would be possible to execute programs written in other languages on a panelview plus. Say I have visual c++ program that simply takes some input and provides some output. Is it possible to call that visual c++ program in RSView?

I would think no because the .mer file only contains all the information necessary execute the code and you'd have to someone include that .cc or .cpp in that .mer file which I can't think of how to do.

Any sugguestions? Thanks guys

Well, firstly, you wouldn't include the source file at all, you would need to include the compiled and linked executable or .DLL.

But no, that isn't supported on PanelView Plus terminals that I know.

I suppose you could wrap your program up into an ActiveX control, and use that.