PLC Communication Failure Timer error

Carlos V

Hi everyone, I am using RSView32 and last week the computer that was running it crashed due to thermal failure. I have gotten a new computer and I can open up the RSView32 software however I keep getting the following alarm PLC Communication Failure Timer. I believe it has to do with the heartbeat timer to a specific plc timing out. I think this means that there is no communication between the plc and the computer. I am also getting a error message at the bottom of the screen that says : write to tag HB_to_OCP_5_pv has failed. OCP means Operator Control Panel 5. II am new to RSView32 so as you can see I don't know what to do. Can someone please shed some light on this. I used RSLinx to check to see is all the drivers were configured and everything seems ok.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Carlos,

"write to tag HB_to_OCP_5_pv has failed" most likely means that your RSView32 program is not communicating at all with the PLC.

After reloading RSView32 on a new computer, you must go to Edit Mode and set the Node and Channel. Otherwise, RSView32 does not know where to look to find the PLC.