Missing Feature from FactoryTalk View ME

curlyandshemp

Lifetime Supporting Member
I think a very useful feature is missing from ME studio that is present in Panelbuilder32. In PB32, the Tag editor gives a Tag Count feature. I cannot find any such feature in ME Studio.

This just cost me having to leave our company bar-b-q to travel to an out of town jobsite to reinsert an HMI tag on a screen that I had deleted yesterday. I have inherited an application, and was cleaning up redundant tags from the HMI tag database and inadvertantly deleted 3 tags used on one PV+ page that the customer tried to access today.

I could have downloaded the corrected application via dial up modem, but I could not risk chance of corrupting the existing app if the download failed due to poor phone line quality.

Bottom line, is there any way in ME Studio to cross reference an HMI tag?

You have two manners to do a Tag search in ViewStudio ME (both methods can only search a tag in a single display, so you have to repeat your search for every page):

1. Select all the objects in a display (CTRL-A) and activate Tag Substituction (CTRL-R); then you may enter the name of the tag you need to search in "search for" field. This method doesn't give you the ability to know in which object the tag is used...:(

2. Another way is to use the Object Browser (right click on a display, select Object Explorer); click the "highlighting on " checkbox and, after that, the settings button.
Check "By Tag Name" box and select the tag from the list.
If the tag is found on this display, the object will be highlighted.

- [font=comic sans ms,sans-serif]fuzzy logic[/font]

Go to the Rockwell Knowledgebase and search for Project Documenter. This utility is only for v5.0 of SE/ME and can provide cross-reference info on HMI and Direct Reference tags.

OG