Problem with accessing operator panel

mikas_m

Hello to all,

I work as a maintenance man in one plant. We use a lot of Siemens equipment and it works good. I have very big problem and hope you'll give me right advice. We have OP TP 170B which is connected to a S7-300 PLC (CPU 315-2 DP). It was installed a long time ago and we have only STEP7 project but no winCC flex.
Now it seems that some of operators entered wrong password for accesing control of the plant three times in a row, and now even if I try to enter correct password (according to documentation) I get "Insufficient authorization" error. Now I've done reserach and learned that when this happens, user is automatically moved to "unauthorized group".
Now the real question is how to move "user" back to an authorized group? I know that this must be donewith some kind of administrator priviledges. Since, so far I'm unable to contact original project engineer I need to try everything I can.
Are there any default Admin user?
Do I need to have winCC flex project in order to solve this?
Will restart of OP TP or PLC help?

Thank you...

power

Unplug power

Reboot = the answer for your problem

mikas_m said:
Hello to all,

I work as a maintenance man in one plant. We use a lot of Siemens equipment and it works good. I have very big problem and hope you'll give me right advice. We have OP TP 170B which is connected to a S7-300 PLC (CPU 315-2 DP). It was installed a long time ago and we have only STEP7 project but no winCC flex.
Now it seems that some of operators entered wrong password for accesing control of the plant three times in a row, and now even if I try to enter correct password (according to documentation) I get "Insufficient authorization" error. Now I've done reserach and learned that when this happens, user is automatically moved to "unauthorized group".
Now the real question is how to move "user" back to an authorized group? I know that this must be donewith some kind of administrator priviledges. Since, so far I'm unable to contact original project engineer I need to try everything I can.
Are there any default Admin user?
Do I need to have winCC flex project in order to solve this?
Will restart of OP TP or PLC help?

Thank you...

Just to make sure...
Unplug the power from operating panel?
Do I need to do anything with PLC?

No

NO

Just unplug the power of the panel, replug it, it will reboot and you can retry to enter the right password 3 times...

You can do this while the machine is in production, it won't do anything to the PLC his tasks/program.

mikas_m said:
Just to make sure...
Unplug the power from operating panel?
Do I need to do anything with PLC?

No, unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have entered username and password and got "You have insufficient authorization" message again. Then, I have tried to enter some random number and got "Invalid password or user name" error which means that my password is OK, but user is moved to unauthorized group.
I have found on Siemens web site some topics about this problem but with no concrete solution. Basically they say I have to move user back to appropriate group, but don't say how.
It seems I'll be needing WinCC flex project to do this...

topics

There are more topics about this on this forum too...

mikas_m said:
No, unfortunately, it doesn't work. I have entered username and password and got "You have insufficient authorization" message again. Then, I have tried to enter some random number and got "Invalid password or user name" error which means that my password is OK, but user is moved to unauthorized group.
I have found on Siemens web site some topics about this problem but with no concrete solution. Basically they say I have to move user back to appropriate group, but don't say how.
It seems I'll be needing WinCC flex project to do this...

Yes, pretty much...
I think I'm stuck with this. I'll keep trying to contact company that engineered this. I do have winCC flex installed on one computer but I don't have the project, so I guess I'm helpless for now.
Thank you for your time anyway.

may sound stupid, but, shut it off for at least 10 mins, then reboot...

that's the last thing I would do myself if I didn't have the project