Logix Motion Question

russrmartin

I haven't invested any time to look this up outside the knowledgebase, as the best chance is that it is located somewhere deep in a manual, and this is the best resource I know for answers to common questions. The setup is a CLX controller doing motion to a Kinetix6000 servo drive. My axis has a tag called ServoAxis.TorqueFeedback. My question is simply, is this a value read back from the drive in ft-lbs, or is it a percentage of maximum value, or something else? Basically want to know for scaling purposes for display. Thanks in advance guys.

Russ

I didn't know that.

TWControls said:
Edit - You probably already know this but it only works in torque mode

TW, glad that you edited. I was not aware of this. Why would this parameter not be written to if the drive is not in torque mode? I am planning to use this as a velocity servo, but wanted to display the axis torque for information to the user. If this doesn't work, how would one indicate the servo motor loading?

I have trended the torque feedback on servo motors configured as position servos. You will need to add the torque feedback to the real time axis information attributes or use a GSV to update the torque feedback value