Micrologix 1100 series A to OPC KEP server connection

egbadrinath

Hi,

I need to connect the KEP server as OPC (Version 4.264) to Micrologix controller. I'm procuring rslinx professinal to talk to opc as the current linx version i'm having is classic lite which will not work with OPC. I have a few questions.

1. Does the Micrologix1100 series belongs to slc500+ family, because in RSlinx when i do new topic configuration the Processor type does not give me option of Micrologix.

2. In KEP server when i do channel configuration which driver i need to select? Currently only two drivers from AB are listed AB Buliten 1609 and AB Builten 900. Will any one of this do or i need to procure any specific driver to communicate?

3. IS there any documentation available for OPC and RSlinx congiguration?

You can talk to the 1100 via its Serial DF1 port or the prefered method which is using the CIP protocol via its Ethernet Port. The 1100 uses a similar addressing models to the SLC 5 or PLC 5 Family of controllers. To communicate to it you will want to use the KESPServerEX ControlLogix driver. This has model specific support for the Micrologic 1100. The Driver help file will explain about addressing syntax for the device IO and memory. If you have any questions you can contact Kepware Technical Support at

Fred,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using ethernet port to communicate to 1100.
Few more things i found out is i have rslinx lite version running on the system which does not support OPC. Few questions:
1.If i use the driver you have mentioned KEPserverEX controlLogix will it work?
2.If so can i get a trial period for this driver? and any procedure how to install this?
3. Also i need to know whether by doing this will i be able to communicate tags from third party scada software to rslogix and viceversa?

Your early reply is appreicated.

Thanks again,
Badri

Hi, in answer to your questions:

1. Yes it will work the driver is desinged with a specific model to support this device.

2. The server is a full funtioning demo that times out every 2 hours. you can save your work and restart it for another 2 hours. if you want a longer trial period you will have to contact our sales department to get a trial license.

3. RSLogix is a ladder sofware. You cannot talk ot it from your SCADA. If you are monitoring the device with RSLogix and you are connected with your SCADA to it via KEPServerEx and the ControlLogix driver and you write to it from the SCADA you will be able to see the changes in RSLogix.

If you need help on setting up the connection to the device contact our Tech Support department at [email protected], there is no charge.