RSViewME - display Decimal as HEX?

badbadtz560

I have an integer that the PLC-5 processor is feeding the panelview 1250. Is there any way to have RSview ME convert this integer to hex?

It is not logical at all to me, but the last person that programmed the PLC and panelview somehow decided that the PLC would feed integers to the panelview, and the panelview would convert it to hexadecimal before displaying it.

Now the question is.. how do I do the same thing in the newer and "improved' rsview ME 4.0?

Or if there's a way to have rslogix5 convert the decimal to hex and store it in a different location.. then send that data to the new panelview, that'd work too.. does anyone know if there's a function that does that?

Last edited:
badbadtz560 said:
It is not logical at all to me, but the last person that programmed the PLC and panelview somehow decided that the PLC would feed integers to the panelview, and the panelview would convert it to hexadecimal before displaying it.

I believe the old PVs displayed data in BCD format

There's no "change display radix" mechanism in RSView ME.

The way I've done this is by breaking up the integer value into four separate nibbles and displaying each one as a 16-state Mult-State Indicator.

It's not pretty or simple but it works.

badbadtz560 said:
I have an integer that the PLC-5 processor is feeding the panelview 1250. Is there any way to have RSview ME convert this integer to hex?

Now the question is.. how do I do the same thing in the newer and "improved' rsview ME 4.0?

Or if there's a way to have rslogix5 convert the decimal to hex and store it in a different location.. then send that data to the new panelview, that'd work too.. does anyone know if there's a function that does that?

Was the original PLC 5 code converting an integer to BCD with the FRD instruction? I have seen this before when an old PV had to display a number as 99,999. If that is the case, and the number you need to display is greater than 32767, move the value into a FLOAT or if the PLC 5 supports it, a LONG