Red Lion G310

ddnnis

I am using the Red Lion G310 HMI connected to an Allen Bradley Micrologix 1500. I can make a tag with an address of N7:0 in the HMI and write to the micrologix with no problem. If I give this HMI tag an address of anything other than N7, such as N13 the HMI will not write the values. I am using the HMI emulator to conduct this test. I must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

Your best chance is to attach the program, then someone can look at it to see if they see anything, you may want to zip both files the G3 and Logix

Double check what you are trying to address. Your initial address was N7:0. The second point you tried to address was N13:0. Are you sure you weren't going for N7:13?

Sorry about that, I should have been more clear. I am going for N13:0 in my logic and want to address the Red Lion tag as N13:0. It shows that as an acceptable range in the Red Lion tag information.

Yes, it works fine as long as the data file is N7. I am doing this in the emulator, do you think this is the issue.

Dennis,

The problem is that you were referencing something in the PLC that didn't exist, which created a comms error with your N13 tags. If you need anything else let us know.

Regards,
Jeremy