PLC-5 PID - Output vs Cascade Register

shiftedbits

Can someone please explain the difference between the PID Output register and the PID cascade register?

I was under the impression that PID's output value is also available at the cascade register. Am I wrong in my understanding of this?

Thanks again.

I have never heard of a cascade register. There are control bits to tell the PID instruction weather or not its part of a cascade loop and weather
its the master or slave ( inner or outer controller of the cascade loop).
Can you give us the doc or snap shot of the manual that references what you are calling the cascade register.

Sorry,

I got my terminology confused. So the revised question I have is about the PID's Control Variable.

The Difference Between PID Output Register and the Control Variable Register.......

Is the PID's Output register value being moved to the register assigned to PID's Control Variable?

Thanks

The output register has a range of 0 to 100%, which represents a percentage of 0 to 4095. The CV has a range of 0 to 4095. So if you had a value of 50.0 in the output register you would have a value of 2048 in the CV register. The math is done for you within the PID instruction.