S7-300 OPC server

benji

im looking for to build an OPC client software on my PC to read/send data to the s7-300 (using v c++)
im searching for OPC servers, are there any free ones?

thanks

I've used KEPserver in the past to connect RSView 32 HMI software to a S7-300. Worked great. I _think_ they have a demo mode, but not 100% sure on that. Find it at kepware.com

I'm testing s7-300 comunication with vb6,I used opc of simatic Net ,it seemed free to use for test except warning interval of sometime,it has some tools of testing opc,good luck:beerchug:

It's ok for testing however my experience of simatic opc is that it's a monster that sits for two minutes loading & finding hardware, when it falls over it looses configuration (even had it change the mac address of the plc in it's configuration no idea how), the original installer recommnded another s7 driver & they said they would not use it again & they are siemens approved installers.
Kepware is a good one for testing purposes gives you 2 hours if not licenced, found it easy to use etc.

try ibh opc , there is a demo version on the site

also there is anopc of matrikon , but it work only with ethernet i guess

To the question:
benji said:
does step 7 professional pack has an opc server for the 300s?
Not sure if it is included or not.
But it is easy to find out.
Look in the HW Catalog under Simatic PC Station and then under User Application. If there is a folder called OPC Server, then you can use this to setup a PC Station project with an OPC Server.
To be able to run the OPC Server, see if you have the Station Configurator software.

I suggest you look at THIS guide that I wrote.

Possible online connections with Simatic Net:
Are MPI or DP, typically with a CP5611 or CP5621 card.
Or Ethernet via a regular ethernet NIC.

Kepware's KEPServerEX has a full functioning DEMO of the Siemens druiver suite. It runs for 2hrs,you can save the project and restart the server to continue the demo. The driver and server help files provide complete examples on how to configure a project. You can also contact support for help.