PLC for Generator Control

karate007

Hello everyone,
I need to use a PLC (Telemecanique) for the control of the running logic of a set of two Generators with alarm reporting. Can anyone propose the convenient PLC to use. It should be Telemecanique.
Is there any PLC designed and programmed to serve this purpose like the DeepSea521 for example?
Thank you very much in advance..

karate007 said:
Hello everyone,
I need to use a PLC (Telemecanique) for the control of the running logic of a set of two Generators with alarm reporting. Can anyone propose the convenient PLC to use. It should be Telemecanique.
Is there any PLC designed and programmed to serve this purpose like the DeepSea521 for example?
Thank you very much in advance..
Hi,
-Have you purchased the Generators Yet?
or are they existing...
-Do you want to synchronise them or run them stand alone?
-Do you need to monitor loss of mains supply and automatic
change over?
-Do you have to monitor the prime mover variables? (fuel,oil,temp)
-Do you need two operator interfaces or just one? (centralised PLC and Display)
Lance.

Deep Sea make generator controllers not PLCs as far as I know. I do not use them - they are far too simple for my generator applications. I normally use Woodward GCP31 or easYgen 3100 or Si-TEC TGC or CGC generator controllers.

Cannot help you with Telemecanique - I refuse to use them mainly due to the lousy software. The new PLC (384?) is next to useless quite frankly. Only use Omron these days.

Work for myself and have 4 large generator jobs going at the moment.

Twido

I have reciently used the Telemecanique Twido PLC for control of 6 motors in a hydraulic pump unit. It may serve your application well, but the amount of memory is limited.

The programming software is free, and the PLC its-self fairly cheap.

hey guys:)
thank you all for your replies.. you all presented valuable information.
my aim was to use this PLC for control of a set of 2 gensets that will work sequentially. it is a project/condition to get accepted in a new job. The customer(The potential boss) is requesting this project and is specifying a PLC of Telemechanique brand. any way.. i started to use Zelio, then i move to Crouzet it is similar, but with the new version M3, it is much powerfull then Zelio, and still it is Schneider product. the software now is working properly :) i am happy for that.
Thanks again for your help:)