Need Help with Totalizer Program downloading

onos_tech

At my work place, I programmed a totalizer for one of the plants with OB35 which worked fine. I later took the same to another plant, it did not work. Can any one help me with a solution on what the problem is?

That's like "I once ate a meal I enjoyed. I ate another meal that I didn't enjoy. Can anyone tell me what the problem was?" We really do need a little more information.

onos_tech said:
At my work place, I programmed a totalizer for one of the plants with OB35 which worked fine. I later took the same to another plant, it did not work. Can any one help me with a solution on what the problem is?

maybe a loose nut behind the keyboard

If the altitudes of the two plants are different, you may have to recalibrate the "Atmospheric Equalization" data registers. (see instruction manual)

I'm not an expert but with the information given by you I hope you try to download entire project into the plc and see...

are you sure that both plc's have same hardware?

onos_tech said:

Hello Onos_tech;
OB35 is a cyclic Organisation Block used in Siemens PLCs of the S7-300 and S7-400 PLCs. As such it will work as configured in the Config editor (CPU properties) as soon as it is downloaded to the active CPU.
Whatever you have programmed inside the OB35 is therefore more suspect. As you are doing a totaliser function I presume you are reading from an analog input (already scaled) and integrating it (summing it over the call interval of OB35). So, in the new CPU, the one where your function is not operating properly:
-are you accessing the correct analog input value (is your flowmeter connected to the same analog input address as in the first CPU)?
-are you scaling it properly?
-where are your running sum and result registers mapped?

Let's start with these points, if you can assure us all is OK there we will look at other options.
It would make things esaier if you were more forthcoming with details of your programs, maybe you could include a screenshot of the actual totaliser function and a VAT giving us the results of the operation on both CPUs, for example.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier