SLC Addressing Question

WVSTEVE

Hello all, I have read quite a few posts and also searched for my answer although I did find alot of helpful info. I am typically a PLC5 and CLX guy, with limited SLC experience (mostly one rack). I got a design for some generator stuff, there are 15 gens each has a 7 slot rack with an 1747-ASB. My main control panel has a SLC505 some digital, some analog, prosoft MVI card, extender cable to an additional 4 slot chassis and in that chassis the last 3 slots are SN modules, each SN will connect to 5 of the gens 7 slot chassis. I am confused about the logical rack stuff in the G Data. Any guidance as to where to look or knowledge is certainly appreciated. Also am curious if one SN can handle 5 7 slot racks?

Hi Steve,

Each SN will map into your I/O image tables as 32 input and 32 output
words. Each word represents 16 bits of data.

When you use the ASB you have to set it up (switches) for the addressing
type (1 slot/2 slot/ 1/2 slot addressing). If I remember correctly you
can also disable unused slots so that you can utilize the I/O space
better.

Once done, the modules map into your I/O image table decimally, meaning
that rack 10(8) starts as word I.x:8 of your input image table.

Regarding setting up the G files, if I remember correctly this is pretty
simple. You select the starting rack addresses and starting slot number
for each ASB. If the switches are correct then it will all talk.

Check out the SN manual at WWW.AB.COM. The manual does a good job
of describing the whole thing.

Do you have analog I/O too?

Good Luck

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)