Cascading Outputs Logix500

tacm

Hi guys, I need ideas on a simple way to cascade 6 outputs when a single bit is true. I have to fire off 6 solinoid valves one after another, any ideas? sorry for typos I broke my hand in two places monday might in a motorcycle acedent.......anyone want to buy a yamaha....LOL
Thanx,
Steve

Do you need a fixed time in between them? What PLC? (EDIT: Oops I see your title is 500) Create the logic in a ladder program such that solenoid 1 has to be on to fire solenoid 2. Reverse the logic so that you have:

-----sol1------sol2------sol3------sol4------sol5-----()sol6
-----Sol1------sol2------sol3------sol4------()sol5
-----Sol1------sol2------sol3------()sol4
-----Sol1------sol2------()sol3
-----Sol1------()sol2
-----Bit-------()sol1

The first scan, sol1 comes on. The next scan isn't done until the periodic timer expires. Then sol 2 comes on. And so forth. Call the above on a timer pulse of the duration you want to stagger your solenoids.

EDIT: The above is assuming once fired you want to keep it on. If not, and then explain what you want in a little more detail. Like does one come on, then off, then two on, then two off, etc.

Last edited: