AB 1769-ASCII data exchange

MannyM

I am using a AB CompactLogix 1769-ASCII module to read values from scales into the PLC buffers via the ASCII module word 8 to 107 (characters 0 to 199). The status bits of the input and output files per channel will be used to monitor the data Rx and Tx. Where can I find a sample program of achieving this in the user code or any suggestions on how to achieve this would be appreciated.

Where did you find the info?

I'm trying to use a 1769-ASCII with an L32E V16 but the manual is from 2005 and obsolete. Hopefully theres an updated manual.

NOTE: The manual shows to set the 1769-ASCII module up as a generic module and configure a bunch **** but the NEW rev16 and 17 firwares SHOW the 1769-ASCII as a module so all the Ethernet Ip like cryptic **** is no longer required.

Last edited:
It took me sometime to respond as we have been busy lately. Do research on any AB website on the module installed, in this case a 1769-ASCII connected to a L32E v.16 firmware processor. You should find an good example of doing the code, replacing some of the logic with your requirements and needs, as required.