Twido plc

plcsoftvsd

I want to use a flow transmitter in conjunction with a plc ( Twido) to have metered discharge of liquid (juices).

Th PLC will be linked to a HMI and the operator can key in the required quantity ( say 1000 litres) and the product pump would stop after the desired vlolume is discharged.

Any ideas....

cheers

I am thinking of using a flow meter whiich has a pulse output and then using these pulses as input to a PLC..

I am wondering how a HMI ( Say a Magelis can be programmed to register the setpoint i.e 1000 liters..)

Has anybosy worked on such projects before?

Any Twido/Magelis gurus ideas will be greatly appreciated..

Cheers.

Last edited:
when you use any transmiter you have a analoge output 4-20ma then you can use a twido pls series. for monitor jouice flow you can use a magelis xbtn 400

Last edited:
I am working on an OEM project right now using a Twido and a Magelis HMI for a hydraluic pump unit.

Store the value entered for the amount of liquid into the PLC. Use an output to begin the dispensing, and the flow meter to monitor the rate of liquid you are dispensing. Divide your rate by the amount entered (pay attention to your units). Then store this value to a timer and shut off the output after the time has elapsed. If your flow rate is constant you will not even need a flow meter.

There are many more things to consider, but I think this should get you going.