difference between variable table and symbol table

SEEMA

want to know about the basic difference between variable table and symbol table in step7 programming...and their significance in step7....are they created at the start of programming or at the end of programming required for a particular project...

Symbol table just gives names to different memeory areas and I/O.

Variable table is used to monitor these areas.

The symbol table is one of the first things I do. I go in and make names for all my inputs and outputs. Then when I start a machine up I make a variable table called inputs. In the variable table I put all the addresses for my inputs. Then I can put on the glasses to monitor the status of the inputs.

Neither is required for your program to work.

Thanx sir,
That means both are just used as an overview of the VARIABLES, I/Os used in program and neither of them is loaded into the CPU memory.........m i right sir.......

right

you are right but when we talk about the symbol table we are defining the area to memory for the i/o where as but VAT we monitor them.

panthripu said:
symbol table we are defining the area to memory for the i/o where as but VAT we monitor them.

I repeat what CharlesM said:
Symbol table: Is just name of the memory location for our convenience

Variable Table: Values in that particular memory location !!

Dear sir,
I want to read the machine program which in stl language and have not symbols ,can i see the symbols ,if yes then what will be the procedure to see symbols