CMP2A Time

Hello all,
Thanks for all your help last time.What i need to be able to do is move the plc clock time ( just hours and minutes ) to the
DM area. Could somebody please help.;)

More Info

Hello again,
The real problem is the plc clock is in the ar area.
It has days coupled with hours ect. What i would like to do is
have the clock time in a 4 digit hex number so i can use comparassions on it. The 4 digit hex number would be stored in the DM area

Please Help

Use the MOV or MOVD instruction. MOV will move a word, MOVD will move digits to where you want them. You can adjust which digits and where they are to go.

I never use the CPM2A - I only use CS1, CJ1 or CP1 - all have the same instruction set. I am not sure if the CPM2A has the ANDW instruction or not. If it has it can be used as a mask ANDW #FF00 AR??? DM2000 wil mask (block) to digits from th AR register and move the other 2 digits to the DM. Pretty easy.