RSviewME as client to rsviewSE

FCM

Hi everybody

I got one panelview 1000 plus running, my client want to transfer same application from panelview to a PC, same time they want panelview as secondary system, is it posible, if posible what are licenses required.

rsview me can act as client with rsview se?

RSView ME on a PV+ can act exactly as RSView ME on a PV+.
It cannot be a client of anything. It is standalone, which is a benefit, and and a huge failing, but oh well.

**MOST** displays from View ME can be directly imported into View SE, there will be some differences, and will show up as big "X-BOXES". Primarily numeric and string inputs.

The tag database (if used) can be exported from View ME and imported into View SE.

The alarms cannot, and you cannot go backwards (from SE to ME).

I usually do most of my development in ME, and then import into SE just incase I ever need to add a ME terminal somewhere on a line, the work is mostly done.

The ME app on your PV+ can be run on a PC with RSView ME Station software, which allows you to run ME applications on a PC. It is not a client-server architecture; your ME Station app would be just another stand-alone platform and you would have to write PLC logic to determine which station would have control at any given time (ie: local PV+ vs. remote ME Station PC).