IF4I DeviceNet

CSnerd

Hey all,

I have 2 1794-IA8 and 4 1794-IF4I cards I am accessing via DeviceNet from a FlexLogix controller. I have setup an alias for each input on the IA8's no sweat. But I am still struggling with the analog siganls since theey are automatically mapped my first 4-20 mA siganl is compacted in the last 16 bits of the first word.

I assume I would have to use a message instruction or something, just not sure which path I need to head down.

Did you try to use Advanced mapping?
In this example I added 16bit gap after status word, but you can add gap after IA8 also

AdvMap.jpg

Yeah I began doing a map for each channel, but since DeviceNet only allows for 4 maps I thought I was out of luck.

I will give it another look.

What I was hoping to do was to have each channel mapped

1:I.Data[2] = 4-20mA Input 1
1:I.Data[3] = 4-20mA Input 2

This way I could setup an alias that points directly to 1:I.Data[2]
Not sure if that makes sense.

Ah I see it is shipped with RSNetWorx V7.
Which I should have Monday morning, I'll take a look when it arrives.

Thanks for tip.

I believe you can download tag generator now without waiting for RSnetworkx. You can download RSnetworkx also if you have serial number

If you want to dictate where the DeviceNet node I/O gets mapped into the mapping tables, then on the Scanlist tab, turn OFF the Automap on Add checkbox before adding nodes to the scanlist.

When the nodes get added to the scanlist they are then not mapped, and you can go to the Input and Output tabs to map the node data manually to any location in the mapping file, using the "Start Dword" field to specify the location for the data.

Thanks for the tip daba.
I finally got a copy of the DeviceNet Tag Generator.

Amazing tool takes the hassle out of DNet mapping.

You still have to map the I/O with the tag generator tool, it just reads the scanlist and I/O maps from the scanner