1794-IF4I WITH 1747-SN rs logix500

ZIGS

Hi

Newbie here (y)

Can one of you experts help me with setting up a simple BTR and BTW to just test 4 analogue inputs 4-20ma (1974-if4i).

I have a logix500 rack with slc5/04cpu and 1747-sn connected to 1794-asb2 SERIES C and 1794-if4i.

I have the scanner connected to the (rio adapter and 1794-if4i).

DIP switches (S1 AND S2) on the rio adapter are (ON) EXCEPT S2 DIP SWITCH 3 is OFF This for comms to the 1747-sn.

I have tested a 1794-ib16 digital module with no issues.

Thanks in advance :):):)

Welcome newbie.

It will require more inputs that is to sketch out the complete rack/remote rack to spot out the proper G-spot file.

Does your SLC-500 support the BTR and BTW instructions ? There was an old way to do block transfers by manually populating M-file buffers, and then about 15 years ago A-B introduced simplified BTR and BTW instructions.

The 1747-SN absolutely must be a Series B hardware as well; Series A doesn't support block transfers no matter what firmware is in it.

The 1794-ASB2 was a special low-capacity version of the -ASB, so it only supports two FLEX modules instead of eight. It is normal to set up the FLEX adapter for "1 slot addressing" so the two modules will be addressed as:

Rack X, Group 1, Slot 0
Rack X, Group 2, Slot 0

These are technologies that are old enough that everyone will have to do some digging to get back up to speed.

Do you have access to TechConnect ? There are very probably some example documents or files on the RA Knowledgebase for this application.

DIP switches (S1 AND S2) on the rio adapter are (ON) EXCEPT S2 DIP SWITCH 3 is OFF

The DIP switch settings are well described in the 1794-IN098E installation instructions.

All the switches in the ON position except S2-3 would mean the Adapter is configured for "Standard Mode" and set for Rack 00, Starting Group 0.

S2-3 switched OFF means the Adapter is set for 230.4 kb/s, so the 1747-SN should be configured for that data rate as well. I actually prefer to run at 57.6 kb/s for testing because it's more forgiving of wiring quality and termination.

He did indicated that it's 5/04 , so there is no BTR/BTW.
What information is needed here is the complete rack/remote rack.

He did indicated that it's 5/04 , so there is no BTR/BTW.
?

Per the instruction set reference manual, "Block transfer instructions are supported by SLC 5/03 (OS302, Series C), SLC 5/04 (OS401, Series C) and SLC 5/05 (OS501, Series C) and higher processors using RSLogix 500 version 4.10 and higher."

So as long as it's series C or higher it will support them.

Thank you all for the replies. I will check which series the 1747-sn scanner module is at work and then get back to you.

I have a program for the 1794-ie8 and that also works, that has btr and btw blocks so I think the hardware should support them blocks

Last edited:
Hi again thank you so much ken Roach 🍺:site: for that link I have adjusted the file and now the block transfer btr and btw are set and the module ok leds are solid green.
All of you have been very helpful. Alot of respect for all of you on this forum

Last edited: