Using counter C246 to C250

akshayp

Hi,

I am a third yr student in mechatronics engg. got very little background knowledge on plc ladder diagram. I am doing a project dealing wid plc controller to drive SCARA robotic arm. Am trying to figure out on how to read the encoder on scara robot using bidirectional counters that is using C246 or C250 counters. Am having a difficulty on how to start the program. am trying to use the counter by having X7 on all time and X3 and X4 as phases. If u can please help me in this process.

Thanks
Akshay

Last edited:
Hi there.. i have managed to get the counter working by switching the whole thing to active low.. now am encountering another problem, tat is wen i use the mov funtion to move the contents to a specific memory location. it is not doing the mov.. could sum one help me on this..

Thanks