question about controlnet

diat150

Lifetime Supporting Member
this is what I have

1756-cnb series e, firmware version 11.002

I have versions 15 and 16 of rslogix 5000
version 5.11 of rsnetworx for controlnet

will the older version of rsnetworx work to schedule this connection? looking at the firmware update sheet it seems as though you would need to have either version 6 or version 8 of the rsnetworx for controlnet to do anything on version 15 or 16 of rslogix5000. also, the 1756 cnb e seems to fall under version 16.

I tried scheduling the connection but it just keeps giving me an error saying no valid keeper. my controlnet seems to be ok, or at least the indication on the cards is ok, and I can drill down and see the status of the cards in the controlnet drops in rslogix5000. I believe it is a software incompatibility problem. any takers?

Possibly. If this is the problem you can flash down to a lower version of firmware for the cnb. It might have more to due with the series than the firmware version. I'm sure the AB reps can help you with that.