Cable not hooking up properly on Micrologix 1500

I have a question about hooking-up the programing cable to Micrlogix 1500. We have 14 machines that run on Micrologix 1500. I have ran in to a few that I can't get the cable to plug in to base. Usualy we change the base. Does any one have any sugestions on how to fix this problem? Thanks for your help in advance.

You probably are using the wrong cable. There are at least two Allen Bradley cables that have those round 8-pin mini-din connectors. If you are attempting to use the one that is used for the SLC 500 (where you use the 9 pin d-shell to the 8 pin mini-din adapter), then that is the wrong cable. If you try to use that cable, it feels like it will almost fit. The cable you need is 1761-CBL-PMO2.

Two things. It is not a normal 8-pin mini din. If you compare the keying of the two, the AB version is reversed 180 degrees. Also, I have the same problem when the outer part of my AB cable gets bent in slightly. I have to take a pair of needle nose or something to straighting it up.

Make that three things. If it is a newer style 1500, then you could use a CP3 cable and plug in to the side of the controler. (Standard null modem cable with two female 9 pin D Sub connectors)

Last edited:
What are the catalog numbers of the base unit and of the cable you're trying to use?

edit: Like ElectricallyBound, I think you need the 1761-CBL-PM02.

A couple of ideas...

I have had several of my customers buy one for each CPU then leave it plug in...

Also with the arc flash code NFPA xxx they have had me make longer ones, then they had them (the DB9 end) on the outside of the cabinet and they would just plug into it and not touch the round pin connector

Mark

Thank you.

Thank you all for your help. What finaly ended up being the problem, was that on the female plug on the Micrologix 1500 had a pin on the side bent over. Bent the pin back with small screwdriver. All worked great.