Help installing a aic+

stu

Hi, Can anyone help i have tried all morning to set up the aic+ on a micrologix 1200 but i am stuck, what has happened so far i have programed the ml1200 direct from the laptop to work with a hmi which has worked but now i want to get the hmi,plc,laptop all working at the same time but the instructions that i have got dont help alot. can anyone help.
all the best
stu

hi
the hmi is automation direct and i have got the right cable that communicates with ml1200 i have got the hmi working with the plc but i can't put the laptop on at the same time to view the ladder? thats why i got the aic unit?

thanks for the reply
stu

Connecting direct to the 1200 you probably used the default DF1 driver. With the AIC you will need to switch the 1200 port to DH485 first, then change the driver in RSLinx from DF1 to DH485, then reconnect through the AIC. The HMI will also need to change from DF1 to DH485.

More details and what part numbers & cables you have would also be helpful. If you have a choice it would be cheaper & easier to use a 1200 that has two ports.

Hi i have tried this today i can communicate from the laptop to the plc on com 1, i can see the uic on com 3 but i am stuck do you have to change the nodes because it is coming up confict?
please can anyone help?
stu

I think you should post screen captures of your RSLinx Drivers and the PLC Channel 0 config. When you were able to connect to the PLC (without the AIC) were you using the DF1 or DH485 link in RSLinx? If you can't get in at all anymore then push the button for "default comms" then connect with the DF1 link and then change the PLC serial port to DH485. All three devices need to be configured for unique Node Numbers. In the PLC this is in the Channel 0 config. In RSLinx it's in the link properties. In the HMI it's in the panel manager settings.

hi am away from work now but i will try and have another go
does anyone have any screen captures on how to set up which will help??
thank you for your help
stu

Hi good people, i have now got the laptop talking to the plc via the aic which is great, but when i plug in the automation direct hmi the laptop cant see the plc? the cable i am using for the hmi is a (ad) cable which the last letters are cbl i used the cable to go direct from laptop- plc but i have cut the cable and terminated it in to the aic plug is this where i have gone wrong. thanks for all your help
stu