Dimming of backlight on MP277 problem

I have run into a problem of dimming the backlight of a MP277 touch panel. I have recently updated my software on the panel with some scripts and new layout of the screen objects but now I can not get the automatic dimming of the backlight to work. I have checked the control panel to see that it is active, but the panel never seem to dim no matter which time I choose. The screensaver doesn't work either. I thought is might be because there was a script running in the background, but even with the script deactivated I can't get it to work.

Is there a way of getting the screen dimmed or the screen saver on. The screen is supposed to be installed for many years and I don't want to repair the screen every year.

The Update OS doesn't solve anything. Having tried several things it looks like it is a script that is preventing the dimming of the backlight. If I remove the trigger of the script, the dimming works fine. My script runs fairly often, more than once every 5 minute. Does someone know how to make the dimming (or screensaver) work even if there is a script that sometimes run??