ControlLogix processors Software download date and time

Switek

Hi all,
Does anyone know if how I can get software download date and time from the ControlLogix processors (1756-L62)? That would be great if I can read date and time of last modification in the software - if done online.
I tought about using GSV, but anyone knows the classes I can use? Or where I can find them?
I am using RSLogix 5000 v.16
Thanks,
Switek

The only thing i can think of is to use s:fs to trigger a GSV instruction to store the current date. That wouldnt help you track online changes though.

The only thing i can think of is to use s:fs to trigger a GSV instruction to store the current date. That wouldnt help you track online changes though.

Good idea!!! Thanks, the simple solution is the best solution. :)

But if the software change will remove this rung - I can not show the download date. I would like to do it much more dependant from hardware. If possible.

Regards

Pawel

Version 17 firmware has a feature where changes during runtime are logged to the CompactFlash card and the times are accessible with GSV instructions.

This feature is described in detail in a Programming Manual, publication 1756-PM015.

If you're looking for a powerful change logging, archiving, and disaster recovery system, FactoryTalk AssetCentre is the way to go. But for simple logging and occasional sleuthing, the runtime change logs can do the trick.