IP Address for Redundancy controllogix Processors

Chibu

Hi Guys,

Is it okay to have Redundancy ControlLogix Processor IP address set to DHCP?
I had Static IP address on it but removed it via RSLinx, the only option it allowed for IP removal was enabling DHCP.

When I connect via Stratix 5700 Managed switch Port (assigned smart port role = Desktop for Automation), I can't go online with the CPU via EN2TR ; but if I connect cable directly on the EN2TR it works.

Any ideas guys?

You should use static addresses with ControlLogix Redundancy. There are strict requirements for these.
See Redundancy user manual pages 29-31
Here is important note:
We recommend that you use static IP addresses on EtherNet/IP communication modules in redundancy systems. You cannot use dynamic IP addresses with IP address swapping.