cx-one trial version

theripley

to all PLC gurus & beginners alike:
i have been programming a machine using a trial version of cx-one programmer.. the program is almost done, and now i've been trying to transfer the program to the PLC..the problem is, by default, the transfer option is unavailable..i am assuming a trial version is fully-functional for 30-day trial but why can't i transfer my program to the PLC when i have a cable to communicate to it?..can anybody suggest anything?..

omron technical supports says it should be fully functional within 30-day trial..they couldn't recomend me for anything either..but tnx anyway:)

Depending on the PLC you are talking to you may try to load up SSS or LSS (old dos programs) if your PLC is older and your program is basic. Either of these you can probably find as a free download online. One other option (and I have used this reguarding Allen B. stuff) You can sometimes replace the PLC with either a Direct Logix or IDEC for less $$$ than buying the cable and software for the current PLC. I cut my teeth on Omron PLCs but lately I am finding they are getting like the others as far as cost to up keep. We have a small plant and it just makes sense for us to stick with the Direct Logix stuff... I am really starting to love it.