1746-BAS M-file

nautical

Dear Messes,

I am now working on system requries 1746-BAS:geek: to retrieves GE Motor Manager Data to SLC5/04 hotstandby config. My hotstandby PLC was completed:nodi: and I had to communicate to the Motor Manaer (MM III) via the 1746-BAS:cry:. Would any master can advise me in programming the 1746-BAS connect to MM III via modbus. I had search for long times how to access the M-file but no result was foundo_O. Would any master pls mention(y) the procedures and steps I had to do.

Thanks for yours kind attention.

Best Rgds.,
Man

I don't believe that the BAS will do Modbus. I would look for a Prosoft or a RealTimeAutomation solution.
Both of them make some great stuff.

The 1746-BAS is usually used to communicate with other RS232 compatible devices. I've never used one for Modbus, and I don't think you can. As well as setting up the M files in the SLC, you will need to write and download a program to the EEPROM in the 1746-BAS itself before it will work. Like Jeff says, you're better off going to a ProSoft 3150-MCM or similar module if you want to talk to modbus devices.