Configuration Mismatch with GE 90-30

glnassaf

Hi,
I have a configuration of GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC with 2 Racks.
I have 374 plus cpu with quite a few i/o cards.
while defining most of the i/o cards, there is no error and plc goes through config download fine.
When trying to configure 2 IC693MDL660 input cards I keep receiving Configuration mismatch fault (on rack 1.7 1.8) and the PLC doesn't go into run mode.
If I clear the faults and try to go into run mode anyway, I get the following wierd phenomenon:
closing one of the inputs contact will light the relevant light on the card itself but on software, I can't see the input changing.
I'm using Machine Edition ver 5.8.

Any ideas?

In the hardware configuration of each card there is an address associated with it, usually it is a %I address of sorts, I think it is a "status" address.

The address is automatically assigned, I'm guessing the address that was assigned is conflicting with another card or possibly within the program itself.

I don't have a GE license currently installed so I can't open up anything for specifics...

I bet your 374 configured itself with an "I" file address for the ethernet status area. I've had that problem before. Usually, you insert CPU, set it up, insert cards, etc. After you set up the CPU, the "I" status is already taken. I had a project where I had to reassign the I addresses. I am betting you did the CPU and the first IO card, then added the remainder.

Set the status area to something like I01000, or high enough that there won't be any interference.

A configuration mismatch fault means that there is a discrepancy between the module you've configured for the slot and the module that's actually present. It's not an address overlap.

You said you're trying to configure two IC693MDL660 modules. Make sure you didn't mistype the module number in one of the slots. If you have actually configured the slots correctly, make sure you have actually downloaded the configuration file to the PLC. You can download a program file while the PLC is running, but it must be stopped in order to download a configuration.

If both of the above are OK, check the modules. In 20+ years of dealing with GE Fanuc I have run into one instance where the circuit board did not match the sticker on the plastic case.

Thank you all for your replies.
I rechecked the "I" addresses more then once and found no collision with another card. I set one card %I65 and the other %I97. There is another configuration inside the card definition - an M to select that will define the type of filter to use, but the filter is "Disabled" and even though, I took a far enough M I won't accidently use elsewhere.
Regarding the configuration - I rechecked each and every card's definition and as I said - only when I try to add these specific 2 I receive the fault. I receive the fault when I download the configuration to the PLC so I guess there is no problem with the configuration download. I recheked and uploaded the configuration and it turned out to be just fine.
I looked at the IC693MDL660 cards and found 2 dip switches on its back. I tried searching for it's datasheet on the net but found nothing. Any of you tried tweaking with those?
Do you think using a more recent version of ME would help? Will a firmware upgrade help?
I'm running out of options here...

I found the answer!!!
After speaking to a local GE guy, I managed to get no mismatch with the cards.It appears that the 2 dip switches at the back of the card should both be up. For some unknown reason, the card comes with one of the switches down.
Pulling both switches up made the Configuration mismatch disappear!
Thank you all for trying to help.

I finally located a data sheet for that module. It's GFK-2381A. Only one of those switches is functional. It selects whether digital filtering is enabled or disabled. If enabled, the module accepts filter settings from the CPU module. When that is the case, the module is a combined Input/Output module, reporting 32 bits of input data to the CPU and accepting 32 bits of %M data from the CPU. The software configuration has to match the hardware dipswitch position. It appears that the default software selection is for the filter to be disabled, at least in Machine Edition v5.7. The data sheet I cited talks about the switch positions being left/right rather than up/down, so I can't tell from your description whether the modules come out of the box with filtering enabled or disabled. One would hope that the hardware and software defaults match each other, but one never knows...