Functions in S7200

Dear All,

How to define a function in S7200 and how to use it?

Can we pass timers as arguments for a function if so how it can be done?

Regards
Vishwanath

Hello Vishwakrishnan;
S7-200 uses subroutines instead of functions; you can use parameters to setup the specific call of your subroutine.
See the following extract of the S7-200 System Manual:

Calling a Subroutine With Parameters​
Subroutines can contain passed parameters. The parameters are defined in the local variable
table of the subroutine. The parameters must have a symbol name (maximum of 23 characters), a
variable type, and a data type. Sixteen parameters can be passed to or from a subroutine.
The variable type field in the local variable table defines whether the variable is passed into the
subroutine (IN), passed into and out of the subroutine (IN_OUT), or passed out of the subroutine
(OUT). Table 6-79 describes the parameter types for a subroutine. To add a parameter entry,
place the cursor on the variable type field of the type (IN, IN_OUT, or OUT) that you want to add.
Click the right mouse button to get a menu of options. Select the Insert option and then the Row​
Below option. Another parameter entry of the selected type appears below the current entry

Look up the manual at the following link, or use the information in the online help of Microwin for more details.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1109582
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier