RSView32 and RSLinx Lite...

smohamed

Hey guys,

I know this topic has been beaten down in the past (as per the number of threads after doing a search), but I wanted to confirm something. I have RSLinx Classic Lite (2.54) and RSView32 (7.50) using Direct Drivers to communicate with a SLC 5/05.

I've seen that if you require OPC/DDE services, you have to upgrade from Lite... however, to cofirm, even using direct drivers you still cannot use Lite to communicate with RSView32?

Was there a time previously where older versions of View32 and Lite would have worked?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I know this topic has been beaten down in the past (as per the number of threads after doing a search), but I wanted to confirm something. I have RSLinx Classic Lite (2.54) and RSView32 (7.50) using Direct Drivers to communicate with a SLC 5/05.

I've seen that if you require OPC/DDE services, you have to upgrade from Lite... however, to cofirm, even using direct drivers you still cannot use Lite to communicate with RSView32?

Was there a time previously where older versions of View32 and Lite would have worked?

Thanks.

Pretty sure it's always taken at least Linx Classic Single Node (or the equivalent) for RSView. I don't recall Lite ever working (been doing View32 for 8 years or so).