RSView32 and RSLinx Pro

I did everything suggested but I cannot browse my tags and I keep getting errors in monitor. I am version 9 of RSLogix and I tried going online and was unsuccessful. I have included screenshots. I can browse in RSWho and I can ping the IP configured for the ENBT. (I have no need for remote activity, so OPC Server is "In-Process" and Topic is "Local")

RSLogix 5000.jpg Tag Database.jpg Tag Monitor.jpg

I am using RSView32 as OPC client v 6.30.17 and RSLinx Professional as OPC Server v 2.40.01. I cannot connect my client to the server, hence I am unable to browse my tags and view data in display. Everything is on one XP pro machine.

I configured driver (able to browse I/Os), created Topic and pointed to Controllogix controller.

I created Node: RSLinx OPC Server (local), enabled, left Address Path blank. My tag monitor is returning errors.

I was told to copy DE/ OPC Link in RSLinx to RSView32 but I am not sure where to paste it or where I am copying it to.

Hi,

thats a problem I have thousand times.

The Solution is to use the RSLogix Tag Import Tool

Take a look at the Picture !!!!

RS Logix Tag Import Tool.jpg

This tool comes with RSView 32 !

This is how to get your Tags into RSView:

Step 1: Save your RSlogix 5000 file as a .l5k file !!!!

Step 2: Close RSLogix - Open The Logix 5000 Tag Import Tool

Step 3: Combo Box --> For RSView 32 7.00 or later versions

Step 4: Node Name --> The Name of your DDE Connexion in RSLinx

Step 5: Tag file Name --> Your saved .L5K file

Step 6: Select the Tags you want to use in your RSView Application

Step 7: Add RSLinx Topic to Tag Adress - Same Name as in Step 4

Step 8: OK --> The converts your Tags now to a .CSV File

Step 9: Close the tool

Step 10: Open RSView 32 --> Open your Application

Step 11: Project --> Import Export Wizard

Step 12: Combo Box --> Import RSView CSV Files

Step 13: Browse for your .CSV File --> Next

Step 14: Next

Step 15: Next

Step 16: Finsh

There maybe other ways to rome but I use this for last projects I made and it worked allways fine.

Bei Fragen...fragen

Viele Grüsse

Bernd