Devicenet E3 Plus doesn't restore after power down

rleon

Hi:

I have a DeviceNet with five E3 Plus and three PowerFlex 700 with a 1756-DNB scanner. The network is running OK, but the problem is when I shut down 1756 chasis power or disconnect the scanner cable to make some test, when I connect again all the E3 Plus states with the network led in flashing green, they don't "get in" to the network automatically, I have to power OFF an ON each one in th MCC. But the PowerFlex reconnect automatically (only I have to reset the comm Fault in the HIM).

Any idea?

Thanks!

First, do the standard checks on the network:

Check the voltage between red and black at the device furthest from the power supply; it should be at least 19 volts.

Turn off the power and measure the resistance between the blue and white wires; if both termination resistors are in place you should measure about 60 ohms.

When the E3+ overload relays are "flashing green" and do not have an I/O connection to the 1756-DNB, what is the status code for the E3's node numbers that is indicated on the 1756-DNB scrolling display ?

You can also set the 20-COMM-D modules on the drives to merely stop the drive instead of faulting it, so you don't have to manually or programmatically reset the drive every time you disconnect the network cable.