Lonworks Interface for PLC?

neergh

Hi

I need to connect a PLC to a Lonworks FT-10 BMS network. To allow the BMS system to get read data off the PLC. The BMS does not need to write to the PLC. The PLC will be a small one with 24 dig in and 20 dig out.

One way I think would be to used a PLC (Twido/Micrologix) with a Gateway Modbus - LON, or to use a Wago 750-819 PLC wich has a built in LON interface connected directly to the LON network.

Any idea what's the most reliable and most cost effective way of achieving this and what options I have?

Thanks

The Wago 750-819 is a reasonable £280-00 or approximately $424-00 USD.

I have used Intellicom before and found them to be good, but not for LON application.

Think I'll use the Wago this time as I have to develop the PLC code so might as well do the the LON interface at the same time.

$424, if that is the price for the PLC and the LON interface/coupler. Then it is very reasonable, and I would do the same.