the instruction TOT in RSLogix

buhnen

Hello everybody..

I have a question about arrays and pointers in RSLogix: I usually work with arrays.Let's say I have to check whether any variable of a user-defined data type has gone true at any moment .For instance,If I have 20 analogic inputs and want to check cycliclly if any of them has gone underrange, I'll use a pointer (under a ladder routine) and it's done.

So far so good. But talking now about other instructions such as Totalizers, only available within Function Block routines: Do I have to link individually a set of elements,say 20 flowmeter digital outputs,to other 20 instances of TOT instructions in the routine? or is there any other quicker way comparable to index access programming under Ladder? Otherwise this can result a too tricky programming method.

Thanks in advance.