General Symax Instructions

cwxc818

Hello All,

There is a good chance I will be converting a Symax processor. I have a couple hopefully quick questions about the TMR, LET, and -<T>- instructions. I will attach screenshots for examples.

1.) The timebase in the TMR instruction is either .1S or .1M in the logic I have. Does this mean I take 10% of whatever the timer value is and treat is as sec. or min.? (see 1.jpg)

2.) Is the LET basically an arithmetic operation? The first rung is confusing to me, but other rungs appear to be doing multiplication/division/subtraction (see 2.jpg and 3.jpg)

3.) How does the -<T>- instruction work? It appears that it creates some sort of pulse when there is a fault in this program. (see 4.jpg)

I have looked on this site, the Square D website, and Google with limited success finding a general instruction manual. I would really appreciate someone explaining these instructions or if someone has the instruction manual that would be great too. Thanks in advance for any help!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Hi,
The timer is .1S=seconds, so 0015 woud equal 1.5 seconds.
Let means if what is to the left of the let is true, perform what is to the right of the let. In this case,
put result of reg 8 X 25 (value in reg 8) into reg 52.
T is a transition from false to true, so it is true only this one scan. The M, I forgot been a few years, but
M1=M461
M2=M462
M3=M463
M4=M464
The size means 4 times in this case.
The manual number is Bulletin # 30598-717-01A3
try here
http://ecatalog.squared.com/techlib/docdetail.cfm?oid=090089268010779d

Jim is really good at sy/max.

George

Wow, thanks guys. The TMR makes sense and so does the LET. And the T sounds like a one shot. I'm still not totally sure what the M's are, but I'll read up and see.

hello everyone. i realize this is an old thread but i am looking for some help. in the symax logic, if there is a make that isnt called with a goto or gosub, does the logic skip over that until it hits the next mark that is called or does it just continue to run like the mark wasnt there?