RS logix 5000 error...pls help

manasi

I am getting an error : "Controller acknoledged the request of transition to remote mode but it has not completed the transition. You con't download until transition completes"

Can anybody help ?

-Manasi

I usually just keep trying and after the second or third try it works. I have found this is normally caused by having some other device that is communicating with it at the same time such as a PanelView or desktop computer.

Do you have any MSG instructions in the program? I have never seen that particular error, but I have seen a processor stay in run mode even though the key switch is in program because of a message instruction being enabled, but not done.

Just a guess.

There ware issues on this with an earlier revision - what revision are you using ?

This is from Rockwell knowledge base:

The controller has to wait until all pending messages (including block transfers) and motions have completed before completing the mode change.

When the ControlLogix (CL) processor receives a command from the keyswitch or software to transition to program mode, it has to shut down all connections and motions. All MSG instructions (both messaging and BTs) must complete or timeout, and all I/O connections must close or timeout before the Run light turns off. Also, motion instructions that are in progress have to reach safe stopping points before they can stop. THIS IS BY DESIGN. Other outside communications, such as HMI or spreadsheet data requests via DDE, can cause slow transitions, too.

Thanks

Thanks for your sincere replies...they help a lot while troubleshooting :)
Fortunately , yesterday i could manage to recover this transion fault. When I was trying to make a transion, initally it was not happening...but suddenly CPU gone in major fault...after clearing that major fault (power up fault--non-recoverable fault), CPU gone in remote prog mode :)

i am using RSlogix 5000 version 16. and cpu is compact logix L35E and AENT 1734 for point io modules. So in network there were 3 nodes 1. laptop 2. AENT 1734 amd CPU L35E

Regards,
Manasi