S7 NetPro problem

jdf

Hi All,

I have come across an issue with Ethernet comm’s between two S7318’s using CP343-1 cards and I am a bit stumped.

First off one of the PLC’s dropped comm’s to SCADA and the 5 other PLC’s it should have been talking to. By the time I had got to the panel comm’s had been re-established and no fault LED’s were shown. As the plant was in a safe state I ran/stopped the CP card. When a looked through the Diag buffer for the PLC all was fine. The CP card Diag buffer showed the run to stop/stop to run event and that the CP card had terminated its connections. When I looked in NetPro my confusion started. With connection status active the PLC, which dropped its comm’s, was showing all connections established except for one PLC, passive connection establishment in progress. Its connection partner was/is showing connection established?? When I looked at the status info in NetPro the first PLC showed no CPU-CP connection on K(P) bus and the second PLC showed waiting for send data /data transfer to user program. Both the comm’s handlers in both PLC’s are showing status code 8183,no config or the service has not yet started on the Ethernet CP. Both PLC’s are talking to there other connection partners. Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance

Jon

Try to download from NetPro to the station that initially started to behave strangely.

edit: And check the number of used connections in the 2 affected stations.

Hi Jasper thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention that I have downloaded the NetPro config to the first PLC and swapped out the CP card. Due to production at the moment I cannot stop the second PLC. Both PLC’s have 5 connection partners, this has not changed for 5 or 6 years.

Check anyway how many connections are active at the moment. Just so you can eliminate this point.

If you have swapped the CP, then I am unsure if it is required to also cycle power to the after you have downloaded from NetPro. Again, just so you can eliminate this point.

The CP card was cycled after the NetPro config was blown to it. All connections are active at present except for the ones laid out above.

If you open the CPU Information while online, then you can see how many connections are used up. In NetPro I believe you can see the connections you have configured. These 2 things may not be exactly the same.

The CPU shows 2 assigned connections 1 for PG comm’s and 1 for other comm’s, think this is the CP card. Max number of connection resources is 32. The only connections info I can see in NetPro is if I highlight the CPU then the connections are displayed on the bottom of the screen, is this the info you are talking about, and if so how do I equate this to the CPU info?

OK, just wanted to check if all connections havent been used up. You may hit other limits than the total max number of connections. But with just one PG and 1 S7 connection, you are far from any limit.

In NetPro you cannot see if some unknown unspecified connections are trying to access the CPU.

My best bet at the moment is that you shall wait to see if the problem disappears when you cycle power to the CPU next time.