Rsview 32 problem

jstegall

i AM SETTING UP A NEW HMI PC THAT WILL BE RUNNING RSVIEW 32WORKS 1500 AND DONT HAVE MUCH EXPERIENCE WITH THIS I AM AFRAID. ANY SUGGESTIONS? IT IS A BRAND NEW PC SO I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO GIVE IT AN IP ADDRESS. I HAVE LOADED THE RSVIEW 32 ONTO THAT MACHINE ALREADY AS WELL AS THE ACTIVATION AND THE FILES. I BELIEVE MY PROBLEM IS WITH IP ADDRESS AND LINX SETUP. THANKS

1 - Welcome to the Forums!
2 - Please, cut out the CAPS!
3 - Are you just moving an existing project to a new computer? Or creating a new projet?
4 - Do you have RS Linx installed?
5 - Do you have a proper driver configured in RSLinx?
6 - Do you know how to setup a topic in RSLinx?
7 - Yes the ip address needs to be compatible with the network it will be placed on, if replacing an old pc reuse that ip address, if using a new one figure out what IP address will work on your network.
8 - Do you know the IP addresses of all the other devices on the network?
9 - Are you familiar with the command prompt? ping? ipconfig commands?
10 - Get back to us after you answer those(y)

I have rslinx installed but dont know what driver i should be using. How do i set up the topic in rslinx? How do i set up a new ip address?
Thanks

What version of RSLinx do you have and what are you connecting up to ( SLC,PLC,CLX complete catalog number and brand name of your processor)?

As all the other gurus have said COMPLETE INFORMATION is the key to getting results in this world. Let us think of this wide open question like an mechanic that has been asked "What do I have to do to rebuild my engine?" Listen to the replies back and forth.
Mechanic: "What kind of vehicle"
Customer: " A car"
Mechanic: "What kind of car please be a little more detailed"
Customer: "A Ford"
Mechanic: "Ford what"
Customer: "Ford Mustang"
Mechanic: "What year
Customer: "69"
Mechanic: "What size"
Customer: "V8"
Mechanic: "302,351,390,400"
Customer: "351"
Mechanic: "Windsor, Cleavland, Modified"
Customer: "Windsor"
Mechanic: "Junk it and buy a crate motor"
Customer: "How much"
Mechanic: "Sorry I don't do cars I work on Hydraulics systems. I am going to go get a beer instead of wasting my time asking for detail over and over and not getting any responce"

thanks guys, i had a small brain **** but after fooling with it for a while and cursing out loud, i got it. my problem was that i had given an ip address to the new pc that already existed on the network. ;)🔨