PanelView Plus & ENI

RBergmann

I am currently working on a project with a PV+ 600 (not my choice - too small) and an ENI/D attached to a ML1500. Both are configured with static IP addresses.

My issue is this:

After setup, I have had inconsistant connectivity from the PV+ to the ML1500. One time I download a change to the PV+ and everything connects and operates as I need and then I make a modification to a screen and receive error messages on the screen indicating that there's problems with communicating with the ML1500. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason for this.

I have two identical systems that I'm working with. I'm only working on the first for debug at the moment, so I have been able to swap out the ENI/D and the problem remains the same.

I continually check device shortcuts because the IP address assigned to the ML1500 in RSView Studio ME's "RSLinx Enterprise, Communication Setup" is continually reassigned to the ENI and I have to manually delete and reconfigure.

Checked the PV+ and the Network setup points to the ML1500.

Any ideas? Any additional information that might be needed to help troubleshoot this?

I would appreciate any direction on this matter (see previous post). I am in Mexico on this project and this is the only item that I cannot seem to figure out.

I can use the test mode (running man icon) to run the project. Downloads from the PC to either the PanelView+ or the MicroLogix ... no problem. RS Linx sees everything okay.

I've been running my sequencing tests from test mode on my PC. Everything looks good except for the fact I cannot use the real PanelView+.

PanelView+ displays an error that it cannot see the MicroLogix.

Are you sure that the ENI don't have the "Boot DHCP" enable??

I would try to change the RS232 speed to see what happen, besides this you can check how many devices do you have connected to the ENI. I got similar problems with one of these because I was trying to connect 3 clients at the same time (2 HMI and the RSLogix 5000). Other thing you can try is lowering the Ethernet speed to 10 Mb

pv + 600

to upload or download pv + 600 with factory talk me
Do I have to do the same as panel builder 32?
I mean, can I use rslink lite?

I've done those task with panel builder 32 but factory talk.
We just bought machine edition and it brought a demo but it is with ethernet.

Where can I find help?
I need to upload from a pv+ 600 with rs232 df1.
It is hook up to micrologic 1500

Are you sure that the ENI don't have the "Boot DHCP" enable??

I would try to change the RS232 speed to see what happen, besides this you can check how many devices do you have connected to the ENI. I got similar problems with one of these because I was trying to connect 3 clients at the same time (2 HMI and the RSLogix 5000). Other thing you can try is lowering the Ethernet speed to 10 Mb
Thanks for the suggestions. You've hit a couple of items that may work for me.

For current connections, I only have the PC that I'm working on, the PV+ and the ML1500 connected through an
Ethernet switch (N-Tron).

I have not unchecked the BOOTP DHCP. I figured since I had occasional connectivity, this wasn't important. I will try your suggestions tomorrow as currently things are working but I have to download some screen changes tomorrow and this seems to be luck rather than skill for connecting.

... rab

Ok.

Let me know if you get some results.
Unchecked the BOOTP/DHCP boxes. Downloaded changes to NET-ENI, had to manipulate RSLinx a bit per an AB Knowledge Base document (Answer ID: 9177 / DocFullNum:p9165) that I had previously found, but didn't work for me at the time (helped now). Have everything working. Can't thank you enough.

... rab