S7 CPU/Hardware Faults

Secret

Hi, I've been using mainly Logix 5000 for a number of years now but time has come to drop onto a S7 300 PLC + MP377 touch screen system.
I can't remember for the life of me how to access the CPU faults (for display on the screen). Is it done by the fault OB's? (80,82,121 etc) if so do I need to transfer the 'temp' info from within the block out to a permanent data area. Or is there a system data area (like in Bradley) where I can take information like this from?

I've tried the S7 help files but they don't seem to cover it (or I'm being a dumb ***).

Cheers

Hi,
Thanks,

I can access the module information via my PG but need to have some of the faults displayed on the alarm screen of the HMI for the customer.

I program the fault OB's to simply set an error flag in a DB.

So in OB86 (Rack Error) I program
L 1
T "SystemData".RACK_ERR

The DB then contains all the faults. I reset the faults regularly relying on my SCADA system (Citect) to "remember"
when any fault occurred and log and display as required.

In the hardware config editor of the CPU in Simatic Manager click on the CPU then go to options - report system error. It will generate all the OB's/and code and take care of the messaging in Flex for you - you just have to click to display S7 messages in your alarm view. Hope that helps. I don't have anything open right now so I may be slightly off on the names of things.... You just have to download to the CPU - the new OB's, FB's, and DB's that it generates - it will let you pick different numbers if you are already using the defaults think it is FB49 and DB49 - there is a tab that asks whether you want to stop the CPU if certain problems occur - I typically don't stop, but depends on the machine. Good luck - it's pretty sweet all the info that it gives you on the panel.