laptop to ControlLogix

Tom Hemeon

RSLinx can see a ContolLogix PLC and a panelview 600 via ethernet on one machine but when I move to another it sees the PV600 ok but it sees the ControlLogics as a ? and unreconized device. Another laptop with the same rev. software does not have this problem. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Check your rslinx versions.

If they are out of sync, the Rslinx may need to be uppgraded.

I am currently at 2.54.00.11 CPR 9 SR 1

I think that is the latest.

Marc

Both laptops are running 2.50.00.20(CPR 7). One works and the other dosn't however one laptop is running 2000 and the other is XP. I will download the latest Linx Classic and see what happens. I still don't see why I would be able to see one ControlLogix and not the other.

You also may be able to upload the EDS from the device, depending on the revision of the device and RSLinx. Right click on the device and see if it gives you the upload option in the pop up box.

I will say, the EDS files are one area that really needs updated by Rockwell. If you are on an older system and don't have them, you are dead in the water. You would think there would be some sort of generic, at least let me get on line kind of EDS.