Help: Simatic Step7

thandie22us

Is there a way of finding an address in the whole logic i.e like a 'find' function where one can type the address and then go through the logic seeing where it has been used.

I have seen the "Go to" function and i have only managed to use it for networks in a ladder logic. I cant seem to get a way for it to find a simple address or even the "block address" even though the latter is an option on the go to function.

Is there a way of finding an address in the whole logic i.e like a 'find' function where one can type the address and then go through the logic seeing where it has been used.

I have seen the "Go to" function and i have only managed to use it for networks in a ladder logic. I cant seem to get a way for it to find a simple address or even the "block address" even though the latter is an option on the go to function.

What you are looking for is cross reference. Just hit CTRL+ALT+R and the corss reference screen will apear, where you have several options to look at.

Hope this helps

Regrds
Ales

cross reference only helps if i have already selected an address in the logic and i want to see where else its being used. what if i dont know where the address is in the logic and i want to find it.

cntrl-alt-R is giving me a dialogue box which i should select what to be displayed.

You can use the goto location - first you must right click on a variable that go to will work on (e.g. DB1.DBD0, FC1002 - not a local variable in the block). You must select go to location and then you can type any address you wish into the address box and the goto will list the locations where the variable is used:

goto1009.jpg

On the top menu bar goto
Options -> Reference Data -> Display

Then based on what you have selected or deselected in your filter, it will show you every item in your program and it's location along with telling you if it's a reading or writing instruction.

You should be aware that a major limitation of the cross-reference function is that it won't show you variables which are being accessed via indirect addressing.