help please

gibbster44

I have a pressure transmitter on plc1 and my electrician is wanting to put a drive on plc2. What I'm wanting to do is write my analog press trans. from plc1 to plc2. Is this possible? I can do word to bit and bit to word for digitals. I need that pressure transmitter as my preset value for my drive loop.

Maybe, but to give a definitive answer much more information is needed.
Like:
What language do the plcs understand?
How far apart are they?
How fast does this exchange need to be to 'close the loop'?
What color is the wire between the two?
etc.

whats an msg instruction? I'm using quantum plcs. One and two are different Plcs with different tcp/ip add. I want to see if the pressure transmitter on one can be wrote over to two with an instruction. Using concept software.

Last edited:
If the 2 plcs are not far apart, why don´t you wire the current loop from the pressure transmitter to the 2 plcs.

Using an isolated signal-splitter for the pressure transmitter and writing the code to accomodate it in the PLC that needs it might be a solution. That is if the two PLC's are not currently networked together and both have analog input capability. I suppose it would also make a difference if the two PLC's are physically a great distance apart or had some other constraints.

My apoligize gibbster, wrong PLC
An MSG intruction is used in a PLC5 to send a word from one processor to another. I will shut up now and let the big boys handle this

I no longer have access to the Concept Software but I do know we had probably 50 of these on a network where I used to work, and many of them were talking? That said, I am sure that this was one of the capabilities because of what we did with them. Most of the info that was passed was values and not bits. I just dont remember many of the commands in concept but seems like it did have a good help file?