step7 - pass a graph FB over as parameter?

theigor

Hi!
I've got many stations that basically have the same startup processes, but each do a different sequence of steps.
So what I want is to have all these processes in the same FB for repeatability, and when calling I want to pass to each of these FB calls another FB(my graph).

Is this clear enough? I am sure I can declare any FB as input but how to process this data so it will actually treat it as a graph?

Thank you so much for your answers!

Can you be more specific, for example "many stations" is this 10, 50, 100 ?

If each station does different steps then you will have "many" different graph blocks. If there is common processing you could call the common processing at the start of each graph block. Have you written any graph blocks before ?

I am sorry, I meant that those processes happen even if the graph is not running. In fact, they will ensure the graph does not run until properly called by the operator, so the process is always working in parallel with the graph.
What I want is to declare an INput interface of a "Block_FB" and then I can pass my graph as a parameter. Inside the FB which is receiving this other FB as a parameter, I want to be able to call this graph with its INIT_SQ, OFF_SQ, etc. So this makes the function more general, I can have the same FB work receiving various graphs as a parameter. Was I clear enough?

Yes, I'll definitely have many different graph blocks. What I don't know how to do is to use this "Block_FB" input and properly call the referenced graph. Maybe I'll also need a "Block_DB" input, so I can call my graph with its own DB.
But how exactly to use this parameter? I can't simply use "CALL IN0, IN1" for example.

Thanks again!

But that doesn't make much sense to me, why would I be able to declare a "Block_FB" as INPUT parameter if I can't call such block in my logic? How doest that work? Anyone? Thanks!

Sure you can call a block passed as a parameter, but how are you going to set up the parameters to the block you are calling ?