Access to CompactLogix L45 Processor

JiNCs

Hey Folks,
I am trying to come up to speed with Ethernet comms for control of a servo drive using a CompactLogix L45 processor. I have RSLogix 5000 software loaded on my laptop but cannot connect to the processor. I get the message that the “Controller type is not supported.”

The version of Logix 5000 I am using says in starting that it has versions 13.04, 15.02, 16.00 and 17.00 installed.

What do I need to do to get this solved.

Thanks
JiNCs

Can you see the processor in RSLinx? More specifically, can you see the icon associated with it, or do you get a yellow question mark?

You may simply be missing the EDS file for that processor in RSLinx...

Can you connect with the CPU using a serial link and check the ethernet parameters?

Seems the thing to do is open the ver16 file with ver16/17 and save as ver17 so it can be opened by a ver17 . . . according to Rockwell.

Thanks
JiNCs

No I cannot see the processor, backplane or icon. I see the Ethernet ENBT module used in the system and there is a + next to it but when expanded it shows nothing!!!