WinCC Log on Problem

sparkotronic

Hi All,

I'm designing a TP177b HMI for a project in my workplace and I've come across a small problem.

I have a settings screen which I want to protect with a password, i.e. you need to log on as a user to access it.

I've configured the screen button and tha security setting as per another project, but when I upload it, I get the log on screen but it won't let me log on?

If I run the project in Runtime it functions correctly.

Does anyone have any ideas in where I'm going wrong?

Best regards, Colin

The first time you download, be sure to check the "overwrite users and passwords on the target device" in the Transfer dialog in WinCC Flexible.

Another potential problem is if you have entered the wrong password more than 3 times. Thus the user gets blocked. Search the forum for discussions about this topic.

The first time you download, be sure to check the "overwrite users and passwords on the target device" in the Transfer dialog in WinCC Flexible.

Another potential problem is if you have entered the wrong password more than 3 times. Thus the user gets blocked. Search the forum for discussions about this topic.

Guilty on both counts!

I remember checking any boxes about users and passwords but have definitely put the wrong one in more than 3 times!

If I transfer the project again and tick the box, will it solve my probs?
Does logging on as Admin reset the failed password attempts?

Thanks for the heads up, you have helped me on a number of occasions and it is most appreciated!

Thanks again Colin

Last edited: