Which PLC to Purchase

rvitrih

Hi,

I am just wondering which PLC you would recommend, the ELC from Cutler Hammer, or the Direct Logic ones from Automations Direct.

Thank You

Richard

I suggest the Automation Direct PLC. The prices are good, the software is good and the tech support is great.

Regards

I concur with KP. Cutler Hammer is not really a player of significance in the PLC market, and although they have a great reputation for quality products I think PLCs are a peripheral item for them. That means that support may be spotty and they may not keep up with industry trends.

I've used other Cutler Hammer PLCs in the past with success, but I find the AutomationDirect.com products to be superior and a better overall value.

The software and support for AD is superior. I've tried a few other types of programming environment, but it just doesn't compare to DirectSoft5.

I've recommended AD to a few other engineers I know in real life, and they are universally impressed - the stage blocks alone are worth the price of admission. Add to that free basic programming (I had to buy the retail version due to the size), very low pricing, and no proprietary cables, and you end up with a winning product.

What is your application?

Depending on what you are looking to do, neither may be benefical.

There are many PLCs and manufacturers on the market today. Even though many will do what you require, there may be one that is better suited for your requirements then the others.

Not all are created equal.

Hi,
Anybody knows about cutler hammer C-H D100h plc, i have this old plc installed in matchine but i am looking for it user manual and programming details and devices. Detailed information is required and anyboday can help me out for all this.

Sixnet

I suggest Sixnet. No extra cost for "licences" Ethernet, RS-232/485. Also i can use programming tools free ( max 32 i/o )
I use this for extensions of old DCS ( Alcont ).